Region 3 Public Health Training Center
Live Webinar | December 9, 2021, 1:30-3:30 pm EST
This webinar provides an introductory overview of fundamentals, best practices, and related considerations regarding the implementation of interventions that can be used in the face of emerging infectious disease threats without the use of pharmaceuticals. The webinar includes an interactive exercise of assembling a plan to address a current public health infectious disease crisis (e.g., COVID-19) without the use of pharmaceuticals.
- Define examples of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPI);
- Describe the relevance of NPI to pandemic readiness and response for public health agencies;
- Describe infection prevention and control measures for others in the community of relevance to NPI;
- Describe the importance of continuity of operations planning of relevance to NPI; and
- Assemble an NPI plan to address a current public health infectious disease crisis.