The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is the official organization representing over 40 public health institutes in more than 30 states spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training – NCCPHT.
The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health.
NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state and local partners to support public health initiatives. NCCPHT supports nationwide collaboration to build a sustainable and coordinated network of Regional Public Health Training Centers nationwide that work together in co-creating, modernizing, standardizing, and distributing evenly to all communities and Tribes quality training, tools, and resources that advance the nation’s public health workforce throughout all fifty states, tribal communities and five US territories.
Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
NNPHI is recruiting a program associate to support NNPHI’s Convening and Communications portfolio. The program associate will work semi-independently and collaboratively with NNPHI staff, CDC, contractors, and partners to actively support all project operations. This will include program administration, logistics management, meeting/event support, data management and data collection related to events and member activities, and general reporting. The program associate will support multiple projects across different teams and develop project and budget management, skills.
- Assist with scheduling (internal and external) meetings, conference calls, and webinars;
- Draft and disseminate meeting agendas and minutes
- Draft, proofread, and edit documents/website content, including communications materials, project materials and presentations,
- Support the development of external publications
- Assist with implementation of meetings, trainings, and other events, and provide on-site support
- Coordinate meeting logistics and travel arrangements,
- Serving as a point of contact for participants
- Supports logistics communications for NNPHI convenings and meetings including but not limited to; schedule speaker prep calls, and ensures moderators are supported.
- Assist with building and maintaining registration sites, abstract submission process, speaker lists
- Prepares program evaluations and participant surveys
- Collaborate with NNPHI project teams to develop, monitor, and update project timelines
- Support project deliverables including the development of trainings, resources and tools.
- Support data collection and management for program needs
- Support key staff with developing and maintaining meeting standards
- Manage clients and client expectations
- Contribute to program research and development of proposals
- Contribute to the development of systems to support proposal processes
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to document and share lessons learned
- Manage client expectations and relationship
Perform other duties as assigned
The program associate position requires Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of professional experience required, Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Competency and experience in the use of relevant software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and can quickly learn and utilize multiple software and online programs (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Canva, Zoom, Cvent, Higher Logic)
- Understanding of and interest in public health
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs with a proven ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously including setting and meeting deadlines
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Customer service oriented
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with colleagues, partner organizations and a variety of high-ranking professionals,
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and helpful with a positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively and work independently
NNPHI maintains two physical offices in, Washington, DC, and New Orleans, Louisiana. We also offer Atlanta-based applicants the option to work remotely. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately, NNPHI requires the position will be based in either of our three locations. Therefore, applicants should indicate their preference to work in NNPHI offices located in New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington, DC. We will also consider applicants based outside of these locations, but preference is given to the listed locations.
- Salary range of $45,000- $55,000 dependent on education, locality, and experience.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff.
- 10% travel is required based on location. This could be more or less based on the needs and responsibilities of the role.
To apply, please send a cover letter, including salary requirements and office preference (New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington, DC), and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ATTN: Program Associate, Convenings and Communication”.
NNPHI’s Values Statement to our Employees
- We value each employee as a whole person and support a healthy life balance.
- We believe in a work environment that promotes health and wellness.
- We believe in investing in the growth and passion of our employees to create a workforce that positively affects social change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.