The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of over forty-member public health institutes located throughout all ten Health and Human Services regions. NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT) and hosts an affiliate network of ten Regional Public Health Training Centers (Regional PHTCs) serving all fifty states and US territories. Public health institutes (PHIs) are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout the nation. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC.
The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health.
NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state, tribal, and local partners to support public health initiatives. These collaborative efforts promote health equity, support public health and health systems collaboration, build the capacity of the public health system, encourage health in all policies, and promote evidence-based public health practice. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
The National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NNPHT) at NNPHI is recruiting a detail-oriented Program Associate/Senior Program Associate to provide administrative, coordination, and logistical support to national-level public health programs. The Program Associate/Senior Program Associate will primarily support the Public Health Infrastructure Grant Program, coordinating training and technical assistance for health departments across the country, as well as Tribal/Indigenous programs (Indigenous Public Health Leaders Program – NNPHI). The ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced environment and easily masters multiple technologies.
General Program Administration
- Collaborate with NNPHI teams to develop, monitor, and update program timelines; support management of calendars to ensure deadlines are met for key program activities
- Schedule and facilitate regular team meetings, often over different time zones, including creating agendas, distributing documents, note taking, and follow up on action items
- Manage partner communications including technical assistance tracking and follow-up, liaising with staff and other key stakeholders on technical assistance requests, and coordinating meeting scheduling for group meetings
- Support program operations including RFP and application processes and the development and review of resources and other deliverables
- Report on active programs and contracts quarterly and present to team
- Maintain up to date and accurate Salesforce records to track technical assistance requests and key contacts
- Support the development of an online portal including supporting data cleaning and reviewing data from an environmental scan and liaising with key stakeholders on data visualization and organization
- Support reporting on technical assistance activities by managing Salesforce reports and writing report narratives
Communications and Convenings
- Assist with writing and execution of NCCPHT communications, especially related to documenting and storytelling about successes and lessons learned related to technical assistance
- Collaborate with web developers and other partners to design and launch an online portal, including reviewing site wireframes and branding, leading meetings with partners, and executing a communications campaign
- Support planning and implementation of in-person meetings, trainings, and other events, including coordinating logistics, coordinating travel arrangements, serving as a point of contact for speakers, collecting and organizing abstracts and bios, preparing meeting materials, and providing on-site support
- Bachelor’s level degree with at least two years of professional experience (for Program Associate) and four year of professional experience (for a Senior Program Associate) – a master’s degree in public health or a related field can be substituted for work experience
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously including setting and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects
- Sharp attention to detail and capacity to deliver quality work products within tight deadlines
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with colleagues, partner organizations and a variety of high-ranking professionals
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and helpful with a positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively and work independently
- Competency and experience in the use of relevant software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as comfort with quickly learning and utilizing multiple software and online programs (e.g., Salesforce, MailChimp, Canva, Zoom)
- Lived experience and/or interest in working with programs focused on Indigenous/Tribal communities
- Salary range of $45,000- $60,000 dependent on education, locality, and experience.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff
- 10% travel is required based on location. This could be more or less based on the needs and responsibilities of the role.
NNPHI maintains two physical offices in, Washington, DC, and New Orleans, Louisiana. We also offer Atlanta-based applicants the option to work remotely. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately, NNPHI requires the position will be based in either of our three locations. Therefore, applicants should indicate their preference to work in NNPHI offices located in New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington, DC. We will also consider applicants based outside of these locations, but preference is given to the listed locations.
Please send a resume, three professional references, and a cover letter, clearly indicating interest in the position and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: Program Associate/Senior Program Associate, NCCPHT. If requested above, please note your preference for location.
NNPHI’s Values Statement to our Employees
- We value each employee as a whole person and support a healthy life balance.
- We believe in a work environment that promotes health and wellness.
- We believe in investing in the growth and passion of our employees to create a workforce that positively affects social change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.