The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of over forty-member public health institutes located throughout all ten Health and Human Services regions. NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT) and hosts an affiliate network of ten Regional Public Health Training Centers (Regional PHTCs) serving all fifty states and US territories. Public health institutes (PHIs) are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout the nation. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC.
The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health.
NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state, tribal, and local partners to support public health initiatives. These collaborative efforts promote health equity, support public health and health systems collaboration, build the capacity of the public health system, encourage health in all policies, and promote evidence-based public health practice. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
NNPHI seeks a Training Associate to provide associate level support for the Public Health Learning Navigator, a project managed by the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT) at NNPHI. The NCCPHT collaborates with public health training centers, member public health institutes, and a wide range of national, state, Tribal and local partners to build the capacity of the public health workforce.
The Training Associate will work closely with the Senior Training Associate and Senior Program Manager to support the day-to-day operations of the Public Health Learning Navigator. The Training Associate will coordinate Navigator partner relationships including the peer reviewer community, training developer contacts, and Advisory Countil members. The Training Program Associate will provide associate level administrative and program support such as scheduling, data input, and filesharing.
- Support all primary functions of the Public Health Learning Navigator, including:
- Engage peer reviewers and coordinate the quality review process
- Communicate with training submitters, reviewers, funders and project partners
- Organize resources for learners who contact the Learning Navigator Learning Librarian
- Write training descriptions and maintain the functionality of the site
- Process all training submissions and post to the Navigator as appropriate
- Conduct quality assurance to verify all trainings featured are working correctly
- Contribute to design decisions and future growth strategies, and development of new systems
- Track usage data and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Manage the social media and email accounts for the Learning Navigator
- Support promotion events for the Learning Navigator both virtually and in-person
- Facilitate regular meetings with Learning Navigator stakeholders
- Update Salesforce and SharePoint data as needed for Learning Navigator
- Provide programmatic support, including:
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, webinars, and qualitative data collection activities
- Draft and disseminate meeting agendas and minutes
- Draft, proofread, and edit documents, including communications materials, project materials, presentations, reports, and the development of tables, charts, and figures
- Support the reporting process for assigned projects
- Expand and update team awareness around relevant topics related to public health workforce development trends
- Engage in research and exploration of public health journals, webinars, and articles related to workforce, training, and education
- Serve as an active member of the NNPHI team
- Understand and support the shared vision and mission of NNPHI and its member network
- Contribute to team meetings and collaborative tasks
- Use personal initiative and collaboration skills to advance organizational goals
- Bachelor’s level degree with at least two years of professional experience – a master’s degree in public health or a related field can be substituted for work experience
- Minimum 2+ years relevant experience
- Website or LMS development/management experience strongly preferred
- Interest in education and training preferred
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously including setting and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects
- Sharp attention to detail and capacity to deliver quality work products within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with colleagues, partner organizations and a variety of high-ranking professionals
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and helpful with positive attitude
- Competency and experience in the use of relevant software packages (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as comfort with quickly learning and utilizing multiple software and online programs (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Canva, Zoom)
- Salary range of $45,000- $55,000 dependent on education, locality, and experience.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff
- 10% travel is required based on location. This could be more or less based on the needs and responsibilities of the role.
NNPHI maintains two physical offices in Washington, DC, and New Orleans, Louisiana. We also offer Atlanta-based applicants the option to work remotely. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately, NNPHI requires the position will be based in either of our three locations. Therefore, applicants should indicate their preference to work in NNPHI offices located in New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington, DC. We will also consider applicants based outside of these locations, but preference is given to the listed locations.
Please send a resume, three professional references, and a cover letter, clearly indicating interest in the position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Training Associate, NCCPHT. If requested above, please note your preference for location.
NNPHI’s Values Statement to our Employees
- We value each employee as a whole person and support a healthy life balance.
- We believe in a work environment that promotes health and wellness.
- We believe in investing in the growth and passion of our employees to create a workforce that positively affects social change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.