Region V Public Health Training Center
Live Webinar- May 8 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET
Join the Region V Public Health Training Center on May 8 (12:00am-1:00pm ET) for a webinar that will provide examples of ways in which local health departments (LHDs) are mobilizing and training volunteers to respond to COVID-19, along with best practices for training and managing volunteers for short-term and long-term activities related to emergency response in general.
Public health professionals responsible for working with volunteers of different professional backgrounds during times of emergency response.
- Discuss best practices for managing volunteers during rapidly changing situations
- Identify strategies for training volunteers for short-term and simple volunteer opportunities
- Recognize different approaches needed to train volunteers for long-term and more complex volunteer opportunities
- Karla Black, PhD, MEP, PEM, Emergency Preparedness, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Development Coordinator at Kent County Health Department
- Margaret Henderson, MPA, Lecturer in Public Administration, University of North Carolina School of Government